Government Pays Doctors $44,000 to Use an iPad
Now starving doctors will finally be able to afford an iPad thanks to your generous tax contribution! With the increased efficiency of electronic record keeping they’ll probably even be able to fire some of their fat cat administrative staff! (It’s ironic that taxes were being taken out of the paychecks of these ~$25 per hour employees in order to provide subsidies for doctors who are 0.2% highest income earners in the world. This is compounded by the fact that the changeover will enable the doctors to save even more money by laying off administrative staff after the new technology renders them redundant.)
The Obama administration strongly desires that all medical records be electronic. There’s an app called Drchrono for the iPad which can make that transition happen. Logically, the government will give up to $44,000 to any doctor willing to use it.
The funding will come through the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH Act) in which the government allocated $19.2 billion dollars to help move U.S. doctors to electronic medical record systems. President Obama signed HITECH into law on February 17, 2009 as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), an economic stimulus bill.
Thank goodness we were able to raise the debt ceiling! Now the government can afford to help these destitute medical professionals climb from the impoverished depths of the 0.2% highest income earners in the world to the 0.1% highest earners.
I don’t mean to imply that I oppose the adoption of electronic health records. I wholeheartedly support this goal. However, it’s important that middle class taxpayers know that they are subsidizing the top 0.2% richest Americans.
- Anti-Terrorism Spending 50,000 Times More Than on Any Other Cause of Death
- From the Bankers Who Brought You President Obama Comes NEW PRESIDENT™!
- Government Spends More on Corporate Welfare Subsidies than Social Welfare Programs
- GOP Presidential Candidates’ Budget Plans EXPOSED!!!
- Get Society Rich Quick: The Ideal Level of Government Spending
- Bailout Costs $16,000 per Worker
- Historical Examples Show Government Intervention Only Prolongs Economic Downturns
- The Future of US Government Debt
- What Would Have Happened If We Let AIG Fail?
- Housing Bubble Wastes $2 Trillion on 14 Million Empty Houses
About Mike Sinn (32 posts)
I have a dream of a cybernetic meadow where mammals and computers live together in mutually programming harmony like pure water touching clear sky.
I like to think of a cybernetic ecology where we are free of our suffering and all watched over by machines of loving grace.
If you'd like to help us abolish suffering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.